The germinating place of Yoga and Ayurveda, India is the land which has been practicing the unbroken tradition of ancient sciences since time immemorial. India is the preserver and nurturer of Brhattrayi, the Great Trilogy. This Trilogy encompasses the wisdom and modern principles of Ayurveda, the life-giving science that has been passed down to the generations by our ancestors.
What is Ayurveda:
The original texts on Ayurveda– the Chakra and Sushruta Samhita state that Ayurveda is a ‘wisdom of life’. It examines the physical body, emotional constitution, and spiritual nature. One of the oldest healthcare systems in the world, this medicinal system promotes a balanced living and effective prevention and treatment of diseases. It is a healing system based on the natural principles designated towards nourishing the body, mind, and spirit.
Basic Principles of Ayurveda:
The Ayurveda Science sees a person as a unique individual composed of biological principles (known as doshas)– Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. These tri-doshas play a vital role in making of the physical and mental characteristics of a human being. During the course of life, the doshas deviate (Vikriti) from their original state (Prakriti) for diverse reasons and negatively impact our physical and mental health. Other important principles of Ayurveda include Dhatus, Mala, Srotas, and Agni. The ayurvedic practices help in bringing the doshas in a balanced state and assist in maintaining the other elements in optimal health for living in harmony with the natural rhythm.
Benefits of Ayurveda:
- Deeply Cleanses The Body: The Ayurvedic treatments thoroughly detoxify the body from the toxins and waste products. The buildup of bacteria and viruses within the body interferes with the functioning of the internal system. Ayurvedic panchakarma therapies encourage the manifestation of a healthy body inside-out through deep internal cleaning.
- Minimizes Stress: Ayurvedic treatments and Abhyanga massage are found to be clinically powerful in reducing stress. The ayurvedic techniques relax the body-mind of a patient and encourage higher levels of serotonin and lower levels of cortisol.
- Aids in Digestion: In Ayurvedic traditions, the concept of Agni is important. It views digestion as the very source of life. The science of life, Ayurveda teaches that poor digestion is the root cause of diseases. The wisdom of Ayurveda offers a deeper understanding of the digestive system and how to enhance the Agni.
- Alleviates Skin Problems: Ayurveda is a storehouse of many curing and rejuvenating therapies that grants the individual with a soft and radiating skin. Practicing yoga and sticking out to Ayurvedic remedies reduces skin problems and enhance its luster.
- Body- Mind Balance: The Ayurvedic herbs and remedies focus on internal healing rather than the external curing. By strengthening the internal processes, supporting the development of happy hormones, etc., the life-giving science of Ayurveda fosters an overall balance and health.
Seep into the power of Ayurveda to get rooted in health, wellness, balance, and luminosity.