From savoring turmeric lattes to welcoming the morning sunshine with lemon water, to the budding love for yoga and importance of holistic health, there is a blooming interest in Ayurveda as more and more people look for help beyond the scientific medicinal system to embrace overall well-being.
Ayurveda is the natural bodily discipline that penetrates to the root cause of the disease. Ayurvedic measures are effective in preventing problems much before they turn into full-blown diseases.
Here are 10 Ayurvedic practices that help pave way for a disease-free body, mind, and soul.
- Rise with the Sun: A famous quote by Benjamin Franklin states, “Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” Indeed, the expression of this quote is given much significance in the book of Ayurveda. The healing science of Ayurveda suggests individuals rise before the sunrise and sleep as the night draws. As the body is composed of the elements of nature (air, space, and water) Ayurveda promotes tuning the life cycle with the solar cycle for a balanced body and mind. Being an early bird intensifies the spiritual practices and its effectiveness as well.
- Go For Oil Pulling: Oil pulling is a traditional Ayurvedic practice that involves the usage of coconut or sesame oil for swishing around the mouth. The process detoxifies the body by pulling the waste material through the mouth. When performed on a daily basis, the technique is refreshing, enhances senses, and is excellent for the health of teeth and tongue.
- Try Tongue Scraping: In Ayurveda for health, a lot of importance is given to the tongue, which is believed to be closely linked with other body organs. A tongue is a storehouse of toxins and a definitive representation of health. Scraping the tongue in the morning is a great way to remove accumulated toxins and bacteria. It helps in enhancing the taste, breath, and oral health.
- Practice Self-Massage: Feel rejuvenated each day with the practice of Abhyanga Massage. A luxurious Ayurvedic treatment that involves self- massage with warm oil. A highly beneficial technique that keeps a person hydrated, nourishes the skin, enhances blood circulation, and stimulates the lymphatic system. The act of self-massage itself is considered an enriching ritual in Ayurveda that offers a healing touch.
5. Mindful Eating: Ayurveda is a science of mindful eating. It encourages entities to pay attention to not only what to eat but also how to eat. Mindful eating is the very act of honoring the food we are consuming. The science suggests eating the biggest meal during lunchtime when the digestive fire is the strongest and to have meals according to our dosha type.
6. Clean the Nasal Passage: Clean the nasal passage– the flourishing home of bacteria and viruses that causes allergies, cold, headaches, etc. Opt for nasya for cleaning and nurturing the nasal passage.
7. Drink Warm Water: Include warm water in your daily routine. An everyday cup of lukewarm water helps flush out toxins, increases digestive fire, eases bowel system, and fosters vital human system.
8. Regular Exercise: Embrace the ancient science of yoga along with Ayurveda for a healthier and vibrant living. Delve into the practice of comprehensive yoga and embark on the road of richness and enlightenment.
9. Take Ample Rest: Give proper rest to your body and mind and allow it to recover. Happiness, growth, knowledge, strength, and peace are best triggered when a body and mind are fully rested.
10. Perform Ritucharya: Follow Ritucharya to treat lifestyle disorders and to live a fulfilling lifestyle.
Perform the steps without a pause and revere a life of health and brilliance.