Hectic office schedules, unceasing targets, faulty nutrition, etc., dictate the lives of several individuals. The stressful situations, an inactive lifestyle, destructive habits, and imbalanced doshas form the basis for hypertension (rakta vata gata in Ayurveda). The ancient discipline of healing– Ayurveda is by far the best method for treating hypertension. Ayurveda comprises of herbal remedies which naturally lowers stress and enhances the metabolic health that effectively reduces hypertension. The Ayurvedic combinations work in creating a greater balance in the mind and body that ultimately lowers the blood pressure.
Here is a list of Ayurvedic treatment for high BP. Take a glance at the list:
- Natural Herbs For Restoration: Ayurveda– the Indian science of holistic health view disease as the lack of wholeness, which hampers the body’s innate self-restoring, self-healing intelligence. Therefore, Ayurvedic treatment for hypertension is aimed at identifying the root cause of the problem and strengthening the digestive fire for treating the problem. Ayurvedic herbs are well-known for naturally lowering the blood pressure since time immemorial. Here is a list of herbs along with their properties that can be taken in the form of medicine along with milk or in any other form to lower the high blood pressure:
- Ashwagandha: An adaptogenic herb that regulates high blood pressure and lowers stress levels, reduces fatigue, enhances the immune system, and increases vitality.
- Triphala: A combination of three rejuvenating herbs (Amla, Haritaki, and Bibhitaki) that reduces cholesterol, lessens artheoclosis in arteries, increases blood circulation, and decreases hypertension.
- Other useful herbs include Arjuna, Gotu Kola, Trikatu among others that lower high blood pressure and helps in maintaining overall well-being.
- Detoxification Techniques: It is not an unknown fact that we live in a toxic world where we are flooded with harmful substances from all angles– the impure air we breathe, zero nutrition food we eat, and chemicals we apply to our skin. These toxic wastes inundate our system with dangerous radicals that give rise to oxidative stress–responsible for high blood pressure. The science of Ayurveda comprises of detoxification techniques such as Kati Basti, enema, Panchakarma that cleanse the internal system and lower the blood pressure:
- Taila Dhara: An ayurvedic treatment that involves a continuous pouring of medicated oil over the head for 45 minutes to soothe the nervous system and to treat the mind and body.
- Raktamokshana: A blood purifying technique in which the impure blood is sucked by the leech and the sucked area is nursed with jathyadi gritham herb.
- Virechana: A medicated purgation therapy that cleanses the pitta and removes impurities from the liver and gallbladder.
- Yoga and Meditation: The science of yoga is an effectual method that is specifically targeted towards calming the nervous system and lowering the blood pressure. Make yoga postures and meditation a part of your health regimen to overcome the problems of high blood pressure. Calming restorative yoga postures are particularly effective in reducing anxiety and decreasing hypertension.
- Healthy Diet: Proper nutrition is as important as Yoga and Ayurveda for High and low BP Treatment. Include food items like cucumber, cardamom, honey, garlic in your diet and refrain from excessive slated food to prevent clogged circulation and hypertension.
Go natural and make positive alterations in your lifestyle to keep blood pressure problems at bay. Include yoga and proper nutrition in your daily routine to enjoy a healthier life!