Are you someone who is trying to reduce weight for a long time? Tried a lot of methods and diet but the weighing scale refuses to drop? Fret not, with the help of an ancient system of healthcare and preventative medication, you can shed pounds and burn calories easily. Ayurveda is the most effective and sought-after way of boosting metabolism, improving digestion, and reducing weight. Ayurveda is a box full of treasure, a treasure of great health and a promising lifestyle.
So here are some amazing Ayurveda herbs and tips that work effectively on the weight loss process.
Ayurveda herbs for weight loss
- Ghrit Kumari: Also known as Aloe Vera, this herb is commonly used in the Ayurvedic treatment for obesity. It improves metabolism, detoxifies the body, boosts the digestive functioning, and prevents accumulation of the fat.
- Ashwagandha: Stress is one of the major reasons for weight gain and Ashwagandha is a natural stress buster. It helps in reducing weight by lowering the chances of emotional and binge eating performed under the impact of stress.
- Ajwain: Ajwain or carom seeds are used to treat the digestion-related problem like gas, bloating, acidity, etc., an effective weight loss Ayurvedic ingredient.
- Mustak: The herb is used for reducing weight. It opens up blocked channels that get clogged due to an improper diet and poor lifestyle. Highly helpful in removing the extra fat.
- Chitrak: The herb balances the appetite, boosts metabolism, and improves digestive functioning, leading to weight loss and preventing fat accumulation.
- Ginger: Ginger boosts metabolism and speeds up the calorie-burning process. Ginger has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties and has active appetite-suppressant characteristics that prevent overeating.
- Guggul: The herb is being used in Ayurvedic medicine since ages. The extract of this herb contains cholesterol-lowering properties. Guggul boosts metabolism, stimulates the thyroid function, and burns calories.
- Vrikshamla: Vrikshamla is an amazing herb that contains hydroxycitric acid and helps in cutting down the fat, prevents fat accumulation, and eliminates toxins from the body.
- Hibiscus or Gudhal: A commonly found flower that helps in reducing weight. It also prevents bloating. Drink Hibiscus tea and get rid of excess water weight in the body.
- Katuki: A widely popular herb that improves digestion, treats liver diseases, boosts metabolism, and helps in shedding pounds.
- Kalmegh: Kalmegh is another amazing and effective Ayurveda herb that is responsible for weight reduction, controlling obesity, purifying the body and eliminating toxins, while rejuvenating the whole being.
- Cinnamon: Great to consume during winters, Cinnamon boosts metabolism, regulates blood sugar levels, lowers cholesterol, and helps in cutting down the body fat.
- Triphala: Triphala is great for the overall body, and most importantly, for cutting down the stubborn stomach fat. It eliminates water retention, improves lean body mass, balances blood sugar, detoxifies the body, and reduces inflammation.
- Ashok: Highly known for its fat-burning and Dosha-balancing abilities, Ashoka is again a commonly found herbal plant. The medicinal properties are extracted from the flowers, stem, and dried bark of the tree.
- Gurmar: Mostly found in India and Srilanka, Gurmar is a well-known remedy of Ayurveda for weight loss. This herb has been used since ages to treat obesity, constipation, and diabetes.
Ayurveda Tips for Weight Loss
- Taking proper and restful sleep is essential.
- Keep yourself well hydrated and drink warm water or herbal tree throughout the day.
- Eat meal three times with all the six tastes incorporated. Lunch should be the largest meal.
- You can take Ayurvedic treatment for obesity like Udvartana, Utsadana, and Udgharshana.
Ayurveda is the best source for keeping the body and mind healthy, a great method of reducing weight and balancing the body constitution.